Click here to download the current Mineral Point Opera House Tech Pack.
Facility Overview and Directions
- Location – 139 High St, Mineral Point, WI 53565
- Mailing Address – PO Box 228, Mineral Point, WI 53565
- Phone – 608.987.3501
- Website – www.mpoh.org
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook – facebook.com/mpoperahouse
- Instagram – instagram.com/mpoperahouse
- Twitter – twitter.com/mpoperahouse
- Owner – City of Mineral Point
- Seating Capacity – 386 (see Seating Chart)
- Parking – Several nearby lots, plus street parking (see map below)
The City of Mineral Point is located halfway between the cities of Madison WI and Dubuque IA on U.S. Highway 151. The following is a listing of directions coming into the Opera House:
Via US-151 Northbound (from Dubuque IA)
- Exit Mineral Point EXIT 37
- Turn RIGHT / EAST onto Ridge St
- Turn RIGHT / EAST onto High St
- Opera House will be on left side
Via US-151 Southbound (from Madison, WI)
- Exit Mineral Point EXIT 40
- Turn LEFT / WEST onto Dodge St
- Turn LEFT / SOUTH onto Commerce St
- Turn RIGHT/ WEST onto High St
- Opera House will be on right side
The box office is located in the lobby area of the Opera House and is open Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and via advance request. Box office also opens when doors open for events.
Parking And Load In
The main parking area for tour vehicles is back of house which is located on the northeast side of the facility (see map below). Please let us know in advance your parking needs. Normal load-in is accomplished via the stage door on the northwest wall of the building. There is a loading dock in the back that is also available (see next page). Additional bus parking on the street surrounding the venue can be made available.
Please arrange hospitality/catering needs with venue staff at least one week in advance.
Doors open 60 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the show. Security requirements are subject to advance with artist touring personnel.
The facility has a production booth located in the far back right corner of the bottom floor of the auditorium which contains the audio mixer, lighting panel, and video controls. Additional space can be made available for equipment in the accessible area in center rear. Please let the venue know in advance your production requirements.
Green Room/Dressing Rooms
There are two dressing rooms and two restrooms in the Green Room. Access to the Green Room is via stairs to stage right. Security can be provided for the Green Room via advanced request with Opera House personnel.
The Opera House has the following PA equipment installed. Special requests can be facilitated in advance.
- Allen & Heath Qu-24C Digital Mixer w/fixed digital snake
- Allen & Heath AR2412 Remote Audio Rack
- QSC KLA Series 2×3 speaker array
- 2 ea QSC KLA woofers
The theatre is equipped with the following backline equipment:
- 24×12 main stage snake
- Auxiliary 8×4 stage snake
- 6 ea Shure SM58 vocal mics
- 6 ea Shure SM57 instrument mics
- 12 ea tall boom mic stands
- 12 ea short boom mic stands
- Audix DP Quad 4 pc drum mic kit
- 4 mono passive DIs
- 2 stereo passive DIs
- Various XLR cables
- 6 ea monitor wedges
Steinway Baby Grand Piano
- Available for performances with prior arrangement
- Cost for use $350, includes tuning and setup
The theatre is equipped with an incandescent lighting system controlled by the following:
- Smartfade control panel in production booth
- 4 ea Smartpack dimmers, stage left
- TASCAM BD-MP1 DVD/BluRay player
- Panasonic PT-RZ570 Projector
- Full width video screen
- Electrical Equipment
- 110V 2-phase located throughout stage area
- 5 ea quadplex outlet cables
The use of any special effects (fog machines, etc) other than equipment already installed in the Opera House must be cleared via advance notice with the theatre manager. The use of any pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited.
- Proscenium width: 26’
- Stage depth: 30’
- The venue will provide a 3’ x 6’ table in the lobby area for merchandise.
- Venue can provide merch seller for $75
- Hotels, Restaurants, Attractions – mineralpoint.com
The Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce’s website provides a plethora of helpful information, guides and resources to assist you with accommodations.
- City of Mineral Point official website – cityofmineralpoint.com
- Iowa County official website – iowacounty.org
- State of Wisconsin official website – wisconsin.gov