Last updated: February 17th, 2023
- Thursday 10 am – 2 pm
- Friday 10 am – 2 pm
The Opera House is located in the heart of scenic downtown Mineral Point at 139 High Street. The map below shows our location, as well as convenient parking areas:
If you left an item at the Opera House, please call our box office at 608-987-3501 during our business hours and they can check to see if it was turned in. Items are kept for two weeks after the event and then donated to a local charity.
Yes, we would love to host your event! Wedding receptions, business events, holiday parties – you name it! The Opera House is a beautiful space for many special occasions. Please visit our Rental Page for more information.
First of all, thank you for your support! It is through the generosity of our outstanding donor base that we are able to bring first-rate entertainment to the Mineral Point Opera House. The easiest way for you to support the Opera House’s mission is to donate via our donation form.
Our volunteers help us in many ways: event operations, venue cleaning, poster distribution. Just as we couldn’t sustain our operations without the generosity of our donors, we aren’t able to stage our performances without our wonderful volunteers who generously donate their time to help in our mission. Plus, our volunteers are able to earn admission to Opera House events. Want to help? Click on the volunteer link to learn more and to sign up today!
- Please arrive early to the venue to allow enough time for you and your guests to move through the queue and enter the venue.
- We suggest you leave valuable and unnecessary items at home.
- All alcohol and narcotic laws will be strictly enforced.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone. If you see something that concerns you, please say something to our management or security so we can ensure the best experience possible.
- Get ready to have a good time!
As a general rule, doors open for the show one hour before the advertised show time. Occasionally an artist will need extra time for set-up and sound check, and this could briefly delay the time we open the doors. Please check the event listing for door times for each specific show.
- No guns, knives, weapons, pepper spray, projectiles of any kind, or any other item that could be used to inflict harm.
- No replica weapons.
- No drugs, drug paraphernalia or illegal substances of any kind.
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue and will be cause for ejection without refund.
- No outside food or drinks – cans, bottles or coolers. This also includes empty water bottles.
- No personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, drones, masks or laser pointers.
- No professional audio, video, or audio recording equipment – (including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms or commercial use rigs)
- No unsealed liquids or gels of any kind.
- No jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm.
- No large bags over (10″ x 10″), backpacks, Camelbacks or Bota bags.
- No stuffed animals, toys, lawn furniture, fireworks, or umbrellas.
This list of prohibited items is not inclusive and subject to change at the discretion of venue management and security.
Patrons are allowed to bring in a SMALL personal camera. Professional cameras, or anything with a detachable lens is not allowed without a photo pass from the artist. Please note that permission to take photos is at the discretion of the artist. Video recording is not permitted. Cell phone usage and any photography is strictly prohibited at all comedy performances.
No, smoking and vaping are NOT permitted in the venue. A designated smoking section is available outside.
As a rule, all shows at the Opera House are reserved seating. However, at the venue’s discretion, some shows may be sold as general admission. Please be sure to check the event listing for each show to see the seating policy for that event.
Yes. Accessible seating is available online through Eventbrite by purchasing tickets in the ADA-accessible area. If you need assistance you can call our box office at 608-987-3501 or email email@example.com. We have specific ADA seats in our orchestra area. Please find venue staff if you need assistance on the day of the show.
Guest can pick up their tickets at the box office once doors open for the show. Please have a valid ID, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and the confirmation number available.
With the exception of our COVID-19 policy, all ticket sales are final. We can offer a credit in the amount paid for the tickets that is valid for any show within one year of issuance. Tickets will only be refunded back to the original payment method if an event is canceled. Show times and support acts are subject to change without notice. In the event that a show is canceled, refunds are available at the point of purchase. For online purchases, refunds will be issued automatically to the card on which the tickets were purchased.
The Mineral Point Opera House was dedicated in 1915 as A Theatre For All The People. It has been in continuous operation ever since then.
You can find the most current policy at mpoh.org/health.